19 September, 2012

Bird Coffee Klatch

A story about laundry may not be of great interest to those people with luxury of a washing machine and dryer; but for those of us hand washing all our clothing and air drying; the events that will unfold are of the utmost importance!

I never knew this, but apparent the birds on this side of Nairobi have a daily coffee klatch.  Unbeknown to me they get together every morning to share the events of the previous day.  How did I discover this great event.  Well one day I did some laundry and hung it on the line to dry.  At the end of the day I took in the dry laundry only to discover that birds had left me some interesting gifts stuck to the clean clothes.  How annoying, now I had to wash the clothes AGAIN!

After this happened two more times, we decided to wash clothes in the evening and hang them up overnight to dry; since the birds should all be asleep an nowhere near the clothes.  We thought that they were doing fly bys and getting lucky.  The next morning I got up early and took in the clothing; it was all clean....Yay!  The plan worked.

Around 7 am, I heard birds twittering outside, went to the balcony, and discovered the coffee klatch. Apparent our laundry lines make a great place to exchange the daily info.

No comments:

Post a Comment